Ten Splendid Reasons To Stay Single (And Fabulous)
August 7, 2012
By: Mari Myhre
I’m sure that we have all found ourselves in the situation where all of your closest friends have got boyfriends, and you’re the only one left in the group that is still single.
Juicy conversations like “who hooked up with the hottest guy last night” and “he didn’t use me, I definitely used him!” have been replaced with boring talk like “he is the one” and “I want his babies”
All of them are constantly doing everything they can to set you up on a date with one of their boyfriends’ mates, without even listening when you tell them you’re not interested. They’re all looking at you with a pity face, nagging you that you should never stop looking, because after all, he is still out there!
However, being single doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re just dying to get the same life as your friends, and that you’re always searching for a relationship. In fact, lots of women choose to stay single for several reasons, these could be:
- You can buy as many pairs of shoes as you want, without listening to his moaning of “Did you just buy another pair of shoes?”
- You only have to do your own dirty laundry.
- You don’t have to shave your legs every second day
- You have the TV remote all to yourself, which means that you can put your Sex and the City DVDs on repeat. “Hello Samantha!”
- It’s easier to focus on your studies/career, because you don’t have to put anyone else first except from yourself
- You can travel wherever you want in the world without feeling bad because you’re leaving
- You can flirt with who ever you want when you are out
- You can accept drinks from hot guys when you are out
- You can still sleep in pink bed sheets
- You don’t have to be embarrassed of doing number 2 in the bathroom. (Sorry guys but it’s a natural thing to do and actually we all have to get it out of our systems sometimes – even girls like Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson.)
So maybe it’s your self-satisfied friends that should be jealous of your life instead?