Pucker Up: Today Is National Kissing Day
April 13, 2012
By: Ashleigh Wight
Pucker up girls! Today is National Kissing Day, so put your lipgloss on and go and show some love!
Here are some surprising facts about kissing that you may not have known:
1. Kissing is a good work out! One minute of kissing burns approximately 26 calories, so scoffing all of those chocolate Easter eggs at the weekend does not seem so bad after all!
2. No two lip impressions are alike, therefore every person’s kiss is different. A little like your fingerprints or a snowflake.
3. Kissing gives you a rush- it releases the same neurotransmitters in your brain as activities such as running, parachuting or bungee jumping.
4. Kissing is full of ‘friendly’ bacteria. One kiss can contain up to 278 of different types of bacteria, but don’t worry as 95% are harmless.
5. A kiss a day keeps you living longer! Men who give their wives a kiss every morning before going to work live 5 years longer than men who don’t.
Why not head down to this National Kiss Day High Street and treat yourself to a lush new lip colour?
MUA Professional Out There plumping lip gloss in ‘Pinup Pink’
The Body Shop, £9
Accessorize lip gloss in ‘Pout’