Powerdown: Things To Do Offline
August 9, 2012
By: Evie Chrysostomou
Lets face it, the internet pretty much consumes our lives. From the moment we wake up to when we finally get to sleep after hours of messaging on Twitter or Facebook. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels at a loss of what to do when Twitter or Tumblr is down and not working! The internet is something we use, day in day out. And now, thanks to the invention of smart phones, we can have the internet at our disposal in just one click. Too many of us use our Blackberry’s and Iphone’s and other handsets. They become a part of us, as if they were attached to our hands 24/7. It’s hard to pry them away from our hands and do something productive. Sitting at the computer constantly is not doing you any good. If the stress is mounting up and you find yourself at a loss of how to keep yourself calm, then you need some downtime. Get offline and recharge your batteries!
10 productive things to do offline:
1. Stop procrastinating and actually do some work!
2. Go back to the old fashioned ways and do some active research on your part, by going to your local library.
3. Read books. Forget the Kindle, dust off those books sitting on your shelves and get reading!
4. Do some cleaning! Clean out your room, de-clutter and sort out your clothes and shoe collections that you have been putting off doing for fear that you will get lost in your wardrobe!
5. Get active! Go to the gym, go running, walk the dog, anything that will raise your heart rate and make you sweat!
6. Forget about emailing invitations and thank you notes and write them yourself. It will make you feel good and the other person will be sure to appreciate the personal touch.
7. Stop being a hermit and meet up with friends and family! Remember to enjoy yourself!
8. Get a new hobby! Enroll in classes such as acting and singing or anything that strikes your fancy, and it is a great way to meet new friends.
9. Listen to music. Bring out your old CD’s and have a listen. Or find some great new music to listen to. Share music collections with your friends.
10. Get some shut-eye! Relax after a long day and recharge by getting an early night.
Photos: http://www.foundshit.com/, http://weheartit.com/, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/, http://www.google.com/,