Here you can find the contact information for doctors, dentists, urgent care, 24hr pharmacies, family planning clinics, hospitals, mental health care and more services offered by the National Health System (NHS).
- NHS Direct
- For health advice and information on how to treat illnesses, check your symptoms and get trusted information call 0845 46 47. Everyday, 24 hours a day. Alternatively click here for the following non-emergency services:
● General Practitioners
● Minor injury walk-in centres
● Hospitals & consultants
- NHS Choices Mobile
- If you’re on the go and need to find a 24 hour pharmacy, see a dentist or go to a doctor, use NHS Choices free mobile service. You will receive up to three text messages with the results nearest to your current location. You won’t be charged for sending or receiving messages.
■ Step 1: Save the number 64746 on to your phone so that you don’t forget it.
■ Step 2: When you need to find your nearest service, text any of the following keywords to 64746:
● Doctor (for GPs)
● Walk (for walk-in centres)
● Dentist (for dentists)
● Pharmacy (for pharmacists)
● Accident (for A&E departments)
● Optician (for opticians)
● Sexual health (for sexual health services)
● Quit (for stop-smoking services)
● Alcohol (for alcohol services)
■ Step 3: You’ll receive a reply within minutes with a list of services near you and their contact details.