Getting around in London may seem like going through a maze for someone new to the city, but truth its, the transport system is so well organized that it’s as easy as one, two, three. From the tube to buses, to Barclay’s bikes, bookable minicabs and black taxis, all the information you need to getting around safely in London is right here.
- Student Oyster Card
- Your pass for getting around London with a student discount
- ■ If you are aged minimum 18 years old
- ■ Registered with an education establishment participating in the Student Oyster Card scheme, or a on a placement in London
- ■ And enrolled in a full-time or part-time course
Get your student oyster card by clicking here.
For more information call 0845 330 9871
- Tube, Buses, Boats and Overground Railways
- Simply type in where you’re coming from and where you’re going to see the fastest way to get there within the city.
- Trains and Coaches
a) Travelling within the UK? For more information on train and coach times, prices and routes please click here.
b) Travelling to France or Belgium? The Eurostar will take you there. It’s the high-speed passenger train service that connects London with France and Belgium. For more information about the Eurostar please click here.
- Barclays Bikes
- These are the gray and blue bicycles docked in station all around the city. Good news, taking a cycle easier than you think! Simply take it, ride it and return it. They’re available 24 hours a day and don’t require booking. Be careful and don’t keep your bike for more than 24 hours, otherwise you’ll face a £150 charge. So go ahead and try them out, but don’t forget to wear a helmet! For more on how to hire bikes, costs, terms & conditions and the code of conduct please click here.
- Taxis and Minicabs
- Pay attention: the only taxis you should be getting into are licensed taxis. These are the black cabs you can hail on the street, and pre-booked minicabs. Don’t ever get into an unbooked minicab waiting outside a pub or club, it is very dangerous!
• You can pre-book a taxi with Addison Lee, one of the largest and most reliable minicab companies in London, by calling 02073878888 or by clicking here.
• You can also use the CABWISE widget below to get the numbers for the minicab companies that are closest to where you are.
- Airport Transfer
- a. Heathrow Airport - For information on how to get to and from Heathrow airport, please click here.
b. Gatwick Airport - For information on how to get to and from Gatwick airport, please click here.
c. Stansted Airport - For information on how to get to and from Stansted airport, please click here.
d. Luton Airport - For information on how to get to and from Luton airport, please click here.
e. City Airport - For information on how to get to and from City airport, please click here.